Friday, 24 July 2026

Quick and cheap health care

edit, this a few weeks ago, but for some reason I didn't publish it, it got stuck in draft....
Yesterday I had an appointment at RAM skin clinic, to check out what I thought were two large moles (chest and back) which I'd had for a while but noticed were growing after seeing some holiday photo's from a few years back.

Booked appointment, was a bit late due to traffic, and went to main Hospital clinic, but got a golf buggy shuttle to the skin clinic who were ok about my lateness..
Saw the doctor within 10 mins. He reassured me they were just harmless but large, skin tags, a bit big for the band removal method but possible. What would I like to do?

I wanted them gone so he agreed to cut them off and I took a seat in the waiting room. 10 more minutes and I was called into a treatment room.
Small injection, stings a bit but not too bad, chop chop, bit of cautarization and flip over for the one on my back.

All done in less than 30mins, total cause 3,348 bhat... less than 90 euros.

Now... when I was in the NL (we left Dec 2025), I went to my doc in August, who sent me to a specialist in November, who was going to refer me to the local skin clinic for removal sometime in 2026.... I didn't really have time to follow that through as we were about to move to Chiang Mai...

Now I'm told RAM is one of the more expensive places to pay for things out of pocket, but honestly... I'm very happy with the service, the process and the price.

Oh btw I do have insurance, but because I'd seen the doctors in NL beforehand, it was excluded as a pre-existing condition.

We will continue to use small clinics, or government hospotals for minor issues we can pay out of pocket. The insurance we keep for big emergencies.



Ahthankyew

No comments: