Thursday 4 April 2013

Spot the problem?


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251254477498?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649


its not a genuine ad, shill bidders are ramping up the price and if some mug tried to snipe it they might be 3 or 4K down....its one of 4 I spotted over the last few days. All high value vintage guitars and all the same MO's .

0 feedback seller,
located in the US but offering UK postage charges
very high end vintage guitar, which if you google the text you will find on other sites and the pics are also fairly easy to spot on ebay US or craigslist.


ok so we know this happens...BUT EBAY DONT CARE... I reported each one as fake, even sent an email which they responted with an auto note, and worse still their online fraud reporting system terminates in a 404 page not responding error.

Disgraceful


update
It "sold" for 4100 in the end, after being shilled up over 3500 to last minute snipers thinking they were getting a 20K guitar for a faction of the price put in big final bids.. This of course is the con.

Also to add insult to injury....ebay suspended me from their forums for pointing out the fraud on line.
Sadly I have to conclude that ebay are as corrupt and dishonest as the scammers who are doing this, by igoring faudulent activity and preventing people from reporting it they are complicit in the crime.

I can only hope the "winners" take precautions and use a cedit card if they make payment...I suspect the sellers will try some ruse to get them to use cash tansfer methods, for me that would be a warning but others do fall for this. I will keep an eye on the sellers 0 feedback to see if it drops ot -1 over the comming weeks. I'll be happy to eat my words if it goes +1

I'd love to back up my indignation by boycotting ebay but I still buy a lot of goods via them, so for now I will try to do my best to warn people by posting dodgy listings when I find them



Ahthankyew

No comments: