Friday 28 June 2019

21st Century problems

Wires

I hate wires, with a passion, I hate them when playing guitar, I hate them when connecting PC's and devices around the home I much prefer wireless.

So I was a tad pissed off to find my new cheaper internet provider, gives me a very different and more limited cable box, which.....has no wifi
I don't mind the limited cable, I rarely watch much dutch tv so the recording unit wasn't much use to me..and costing me 52euros a month for the all in one package, instead of 33 for this. But that was a cable based system so it came in and hooked into the home wiring, so easy enough to plug a box into a tv socket.

But the 2 new TV boxes need to be plugged into the DSL Modem, with good old fashioned wires
grrr

There is a wireless booster with the pack too, which took ages to get set up, only for it to not provide enough of a bandwidth for the Bedroom tv box to function in real time..it does strangly pick up the stored (on cloud) stuff and some of the general local chanels, .... so it might be an issue of my contract not being active yet.. I'll report it when my package officially goes live in early July

I've spent the best part of the evening phaffing about with a pair of wireless senders, one is working now, and my office is once again wire free. I finally got rid of the long blue cable training downstairs to the power cupboard. I lose some of the lovely 100mb bandwidht, it drops to 20mb/s but thats fine for me.

The 2nd is in the bed room trying to drive the tv box, which as I say limited success, we will see.

A 3rd wireless router is coming tomorrow, which will then be the base unit for the TV/TVBox and Sat box, Blu/ray all of which can connect to the internet for different reasons.. I'll be wire free again soon...




Ahthankyew

No comments: