Tuesday 19 March 2019

New Plan..

ok, so new plan time, love life is a shambles, and I have to be realistic about my ability to generate income for the remainder of my working life, which is realistically only 10 years.....shit I'm old.

Once the financial fallout from my current cock ups are resolved toward the end of the year, I will be  doing my best to increase my pension funds and make efforts to plan my retirement in sunny climes

I'm thinking Thailand.. I know I've only been there once, but I loved it, and a bit of research shows  I can live there very well on a reduced pension (I can't really qualify for a full Dutch pension) and the proceeds of selling my house in 5-10 years will let me buy a really nice home there.

My house in Belcrum was bought for more than it was worth, (part of my buying out Bina at the time) but it has finally gone well into profit and with the rising prices in this area is shooting up so I can indeed get a nice wedge if I hang on to it long enough, of course the bubble might burst but I doubt I'll lose any monrey now.
If I can make 100-200K on the house in 5-10 years. I can easily buy a nice retirement home outright in pretty much any area of Thailand, though I will avoid Bangkok, and maybe Phuket, though I really liked my trip there, its just a bit too.....shall we say touristy. though I do need to be fairly close to a touristy location to ensure some english speakers are around.

I'll make some effort to visit a few more times and settle on a place,  it turns out I have a few contacts who have retired there and can advise me on settling there. I did some searches on line to see what that kind of money can buy and indeed there's lots of options. Of course prices there will also rise, but I can adjust the expectations at the time. As long as I can find a nice home, bought and paid for, no obligations and a regular amount of money coming in I can live out my days, hopefully not stressing out about computer projects..... part of my plan is also to give up computers when I retire and focus on music and self education...no more obligations to other people.

So no more guitars...:( (well I don't really need any more do I), all spare cash goes into the pension or into reducing the mortgage to maximise the sale value

Of course like all plans its subject to change, is Mrs Right pops up, or I win the lottery, or whatever. But I think its important now for me to start planning for my retirement, I won't really be able to survive here in NL when I stop working without a full pension. Its a lovely place to live for sure and I'd live to retire here, but the finances already don't make sense. And no way am I going to head back to the UK to have Danni picking out a retirment home that smells less pissy than another...I want somewhere warm and with options that will let me do fuck all until I drop dead.

I saw some nice homes with plots of land that would be perfet to chill out and relax in for 20-30 years for 100K. 200K would get me even more :D

5-10 years though, not much time at all is it, where did all the previous years go? So much for retiring at 30, then 40...sneaks up on you.





Ahthankyew

No comments: