Friday 21 February 2020

finally got this worked out, well no, not really!!

Really just posting this here so I can link it to my forums, but this is an interesting thing. Its a model I downloaded from Turbo squid with the full intention of including it as a usable model in my book examples.

Sadly I just wasn't able to get it to render properly at the time and instead I used a simpler model of a lamborghini, which is a shame.
I recently went back to it though and tinkered about a bit and managed to get it to render.

Though not quite perfect yet, I have not done any normal or bump mapping on it, but thats something I will play with, also the transparency has been hard coded into it, isolating the canopy section and rendering it with a blue tinge....still its a good step forward, and will serve as a good example for a short lesson in how to do transparency in rendering...when I get it finished.

This week is carnival week, so I'm about to have a well earned rest (didnt you just have christmas...yes,, and I need a rest again), and finally putting in the last 40 hours needed for the colecovision project, it has to go.

I really do like this model though, its a shame it didn't go in the book, its very Batman like, might be quite cool if I made it black and matt



Ahthankyew

No comments: