Sunday 28 June 2020

Always time to learn.

A few years ago, I bought a triple monitor stand on ebay... big heavy thing it is... and I was dead excited, but when I set up my monitors, my excitement changed to dismay as it was clear the gas pivots would not hold the weight of them...and I cranked the adjusters as far as I could... and still no go, so even though they held the monitors, they sunk to the ground and I propped them up with books or whatever. It was more effort than it was worth to ship them to the seller for a refund, and i'd spent a day setting them up, and even with out adjustment I at least had triple monitors set up.

And then I saw a small video on youtube by accident about adjusting the gas/spring tension... which I was sure I had done.. but decided to try again, this time though with the assurance that if I fucked them up I'd buy something else as my monitors are getting a bit past it (as is my work horse PC)

So I turned them anticlock wise as suggested... and yup, cranked as hard as I could with the screwdriver/socket.. and no movement.

So fuckit, get a wrench...and apply some leverage, and sure enough it moved, it moved a lot, a helluva alot and .....the monitors balanced... I can now raise and lower them and they hold...

bloody hell, years not having them working properly and all it took was a bit of effort..

So lesson learned, violence and power sometimes works when resolving long standing issues.

(or, read the fucking manual a bit better)


Ahthankyew

No comments: