Monday 29 July 2019

Studio almost ready :D

Another on the todo list ticked off, my upstairs studio has been in disarray for many months, I just wasn't that bothered when the house wasn't my own.  But I've been cleaning, sorting, throwing things out and properly storing shit all week, and it actually is starting to feel comfy again. The big old, no longer used Pedal boards, have been stripped and stored, and the pedals put away. I may sell some on ebay.

Work desk is tidy and set up with mixer units and Mac Mini's updated (I have 2, the old one can't quite hack it any more, but all its apps are transferred to a more recent, but still old 2014 model), and guitars are no longer littering the floor, they are in their cases or on the wall out of the way. Still some sorting out to clear the "bookcase" where all kinds of crud is stuffed but that can wait till next week.

I set up the new (sat doing nothing for a year) humax freesat unit so I now have a working TV/Movie system up there on LCD and on projector. I don't have cable TV anymore, but I might set up another NLEx streaming box up there for catchup TV (it won't stream unless it has direct cable network access).  Tidied up the wiring and DVD/s too, so I can find movies I've not got round to watching yet.

That now gives me, full media access, and netflix on TV or Projector with sound routing out the cinema system.. happy :D


A new (refurbed) Gamer PC is heading its way to me, mainly for gaming, but also for occasional work when my office is too hot.  Its a slightly higher spec than my office PC, but I won't swap it out just yet, I will save up for a mega machine sometime around Xmas bonus time. The Gamer PC will also be able to route its output to its Monitor, or the Projector or a VR headset. I havn't made up my mind if I want a console in there, probably not considering I actually seldom play games these days...hmm maybe.

All that once again makes the studio into a man cave with all my toys, interests and stupid shit in one place.

And finally, all the old useless sky boxes, cable boxes and assorted dead junk are in the car to take to the tip for recycling or dumping.

I can't say its exactly "sparking joy"(I've never watched the show, I just keep hearing people say it)  getting rid of crap, but I am starting to feel a bit happier that the house has less, better clean this up, rooms to deal with.

Ahthankyew

No comments: