Friday 4 January 2019

Another crowd funded meh!

After waiting a year and a half, ....yes a year and a half, I finally took delivery, after paying nearly 40euros for customs, of my much anticipated Jamstack.

oh well. Its a bit dissapointing, its certainly well made and does its job but the claim that it could be used outdoors and be as loud as an acoustic is not even close. 10watts its claimed, my 5W champ is 2 or 3 times louder. I was hoping it might be useful in a busking situation, but not really. (not that I'm planning on doing any busking but I like to be prepared).

It "might" be due to me using my Blueshawk, which as fairly low gain pickups, I'll try it on a humbucker system or a high output strat, but basically its not very good, I'm quite dissapointed.

All told, nearly 200euros...for a gadget that dosn't really deliver and 18 months+ of anticipation.


hmmm much like my love life....sigh.

At least I can sell it, it might help pay for my love life.

Ahthankyew

Edit... yes the higher output on my Suhr pickup Strar is indeed quite a bit louder, but still not at acoustic guitar levels, it can be gained but you get feedback and noise...so..nope, its not for me, I'll put it on ebay, might get back what I paid for it.

No comments: