Tuesday 1 January 2019

Happy New Year

Even though it seems that most of the hassles and agrivation from last year are still ongoing....hmm so much for a redo..

No real resolutions this year, I'm not a fan of the concept, but I do intend to lose weight and improve my dutch....not sure which will be the easy one.

I do have a feeling this is going to be a pivotal year, I'm trying to make more change in my life, and also get out of a very severe professional rut. I tried to get hold of a couple of freelance gigs in the latter part of 2018 but despite some interest, the projects never materialised, which is annoying but c'est la vie.

I've still got Benta living with me,  I haven't really pointed out that in my posts. She and I didn't work out as a couple, that was upsetting and a bit of a life changer, but we have to proceed as best we can. She's going to complete her masters in the coming year and then move on, in the mean time she's a house guest while we try to get on with things.

Financially though it puts a massive strain on me, which I need to do something about, not sure if that means a new job or trying harder to find some freelance work.

 I'm very very dissapointed in the book income, not in the book itself, or the process but the actual getting hold of any money its making is just such a bloody chore. I've learned a lot about how publishers work, they really are not the interested in looking after your interests...nieve on my part I think but hey ho. They will get round to checking my sales at some point, and sending money, probably in the form of a useless check (US spelling) but it will come, in the mean time frugality and focus has to be the key themes this year. I'll have to chase them in a few weeks.

Another book is in the works, but only as an expansion of my magazine articles, and I won't make much on that, but every little helps.

Anyway....its going to be a busy year, I hope I can get my motivation levels up to handle it.


Ahthankyew

No comments: