Tuesday 22 October 2019

Back home to dentist

Trip home was quite long, lots of delays, but I was really impressed with the Budget car rental, no issues, in an out and quite cheap. (mind you I have to see if they deduct anything from the card)
There was some incredible turbulance on the plane but home safe and sound and reunited with my little man.. But he's not at all himself, he's really deteriorating. So slow now, but he's still eating and enjoying snuggles so I dont' detect any distress in him. But....its not long now, Steak and Chicken and bacon it is from now on, his last days will be filled with doggy joy.
I guess I'm going to have to eventually bite the bullet and take him to the vet, but I am so afraid that they will ask me to make a choice....as soon as I detect distress...but not before. He's old, just old, and as long as he's got some spark and eating, we'll keep going.


Speaking of old things.. mum (ha you thought I'd forgot you) is also looking old and frail, I suggested taking her to the vet but she seems reluctant still, next time I go I'll take a big sack with me.

She is rather poorly at the moment, and tired of all the small procedures and tests she's being put through, but she had a good natter an cheered up no end when I introduced her to the joys of spiced dark rum, sans coke, I'd like to think she was pleased to see me, but it was probably just her off her tits on rum :D

My grandkids are wonderful, D and K are doing a great job with them, Harvey2 is a little boisterous but thats fun to see, little 8 month Eva is the most content baby I have ever seen, 3 days I was there, never heard her skriking once...amazing..

Can't wait to see them all again, hope mum can indeed make one more trip to Breda, and maybe Danni can bring the family when she sorts out passports.

oh well, that was a nice holiday, time to get back into the swing of things.

Which brings me to the Dentist.
I always thought modern dentistry had an air of surgical precision to it, with swabs, isolation, clamps, small scalpels, special tools...etc.
Nope... a big pair of pliers and lots of twisting and pulling...
Wait till the anesthetic wears off.


Finally had the right uppper wisdom removed and wow, I can open my jaw quite a bit, I wonder if I'll be able to yawn again, it was always stopping the tendon after the surgery..

And sadly had to say goodbye to another front tooth whcih also lost its home due to bone degradation from the radiotherapy/reduced blood supply, but new falsies in a few weeks.




Ahthankyew

No comments: