Friday 11 October 2019

more on line dating fun

So aside from the crazies and the box tickers (if you're not perfect and tick all the boxes they don't want to know), another of the things to watch for are the scammers.
Man there are a lot of them, but you can really spot them pretty quickly, they tend to be too good to be true...young, stunning, age is only a number etc...Also they flatter you far too much.

And the good ones will lull you into a false sense of security before suddenly there's a crisis that has come up that they desperatly need cash for somehing.....

For the last week or 10 days, I've had one of these chatting to me, she(no gurantees she was even female, as I'm pretty sure the person whos pics she ripped off from Facebook has no idea), she. was actually very good, and showed great patience, but I smelled a rat right away, and was just waiting for the sting to arrive. There were little inconsitancies, like being Brazilan and only being in NL for a few months, (her facebook went back to 2016 all in dutch), forgetting some of my details, reasking the same question etc... but having established this was a scammer I let her think she had her mark.

After laying the ground work, single mum,  dealing with life, looking for a good man,  sick parent, own business bla bla, the set up comes, in the shape of having to go to Hamburg on business for a few days, and we'll meet up when she gets back...course we will.

A small ration of how was your day, things are going ok,  some hassles but I'm dealing with it...on whatsapp to keep the pot simmering was quite nice to see, I admired her patience, Most of these scammers go for the closer pretty quick, but she was making sure the hook was well in.

And then of course the closer has to come... shes there  in Hamburg to pick up goods and has to pay import taxes, she's paid most of them, but suddenly its more than she expected...oh dear.

Funny sort of importing business that the courier can't send goods direct to you and take payment online....like every shipping company everywhere!!

Well its all very "convincing" (well no not really but I can see how people might fall for it) except she sends me the worst, and I do mean the very worst fake waybill ever.... allegedly she's getting a diplomatic bundle of 1.2 tonnes of leather........wtf??



Note the null bar code, lack of sender and receiver address, fake company name, lack of comany addresses, no phone numbers. no tax codes, also the date...was only a few days ago, (bloody fast boat) diplomatic shipment lol... its just beyond terrible.  I've seen a lot of way bills when I buy things from states or japan/korea and this is the most pathetic I've ever seen.
I've removed the name becuase I'm pretty sure the name is a real person who's had it nicked.

But she's quite smart she just uses it to keep the hook baited...not asking for money yet, but making it clear to me she's having to pay out funds and soon as she has we can meet up, shes just taking care of business.....A few more days pass and she's got one last bill to pay (yeah....right)  only at the last minute does she come up with the, oh I'm 120 short, my sick dad can't help...... can you lend it me?

Its known as a 419 scam, very common with Nigerians, they try to get you to pay for some shipping taxes or something and lay a guilt trip down on you if you don't help them to get the goods they need, or that they promise you is worth more than what you will give them.

I let her ask a few times but of course, she still thinks she has her mark hooked, but I'm not playing ball and quite enjoy letting her struggle. I know this scam and I'm not paying anything...a few key questions about who she was paying and had she does business with them before, didn't get a very sensible answer,  so she twigged in the end and logged off....

Its amazing.... Con artists like this are the worst... its not like the classy scam artists you see in the movies, where they prey on the rich and greedy, this kind of chancer has no care who they screw over... shocking.. anyway I spotted it instantly and let it carry on for a bit to keep her occupied, while (s)he was working on me,  she wasn't working on someone else.

Feeling quite pleased with myself :D



Ahthankyew

No comments: