Thursday 20 June 2024

Taking a moment or 2

So yesterday, was mums cremation.. Colin and I agreed it wasn't really needed for me to go there for what was a very simple understated and brief event, so I stayed in NL and went to work as normal, but I took a few moments at work to sit in the sun and remember some times from childhood and adulthood with mum. there were a lot of times where she made me laugh, cry, feel shame, pride and comfort in her advice as well as the odd points of conflict and annoyance. Mum's do that... they get to bring you down and they get to raise you up.. how you go through life then is up to you.




One of my friends at work saw me and took this pic... he made a bit of a joke about it when he sent it, but even so...I thought it hit a nail on the head. Being alone for a little while with my thoughts as mums last journey was taking place allowed a bit of closure... only a bit, it will take a long long time to come to terms with not being able to call on her no nonsense advice and sometimes absurd complaints on the irritations of life. :D




Time to sort out the bad shit in life and focus on the good.. 


Ahthankyew

No comments: