Monday 6 July 2009

Last week

This is it...the last week of the school year.
No students, they pretty much finished last week. So I just have to check and send in grades, attend a few meetings and go to a couple of BBQ's and I'm done.

Then its the holidays...of course the great thing about academia is the holidays, 6 weeks of chillin' (DS project deaththrows notwithstanding). Can't wait.

We've got a few things planned, such as a trip to Cologne for some firework thing that Bina wants to see, a bit of exploring The Netherlands and 10 days in Turkey, so lots to look forward to.

But mostly just time to sit back and relax a little.

Also gives me to time to look back on the last year, most of which I had no clue what I was doing and refine my courses for next year.

I've enjoyed it immensely, and once I've got rid of my DS project I can put much more time into developing the courses and also the console programming course which was very restricted last year, since we didn't actually have any consoles to work on.

This year at least we have a couple of PSP dev kits to play with, courtesy of Sony's Academic program. Nintendo sadly won't even answer my emails about starting a similar course...expected I suppose, but disappointing. I'm planning to write a small article for one of the UK dev mags about the mess that console makers have made of their approach to Academia.

Anway, better got finish up the grading and get on with clearing off my DS project

Oh I can name it now, its called Squeeballs, a fun multi game project based around some toy characters www.squeeballs.com if you want to see some info



Ahthankyew

No comments: