Sunday 30 October 2016

653 and counting

653 pages...its getting close to the end, though I'm kinda stuck on occlusion culling at the moment, I do know what it is and how to do it, but its quite a chore to get it up..I have to though, as one of the games requires a portal rendering system....ho hum
I also need a lot more graphics, and don't have access to a tame artist...that might prove to be a problem.

I wasted quite a bit of time trying to draw a very large scene, thinking it was possible, but it turned out I'd totally got my sums wrong and there as now way a 128M GPU could cope with the numbers I was sending...oops.

Sound is also proving quite hard, but mostly due to needing to take small steps and follow a lot of tutorials...and only with wavs at the moment

And lastly I am having some real problems with procedural texturing....even though I have copious notes on it, I'm struggling to explain it in the simple way the book demands.


I mustn't think too much about all the things that are still needed to be finished, I know there's still a lot of project work, but like all computer projects it boils down to doing 1 task at a time until they are done...thats all I can do.. I have a month left. I think I can certainly get all the content I want in. Whethere the demos will be as good as I want is another story!





Ahthankyew

No comments: