Sunday 12 February 2017

Cosy buttocks

Really liking my new chair, still not quite got the grooves of my butt cheeks molded in, that'll take a year or 2 but its nice for now.

Been incredibly busy both at work and at ...errm work, of the book type.  Getting a new project set up for students to work on the Raspberry Pi, has been incredibly fun, though not had massive time to really get into it and have misjudged the availabilty of some models I want them to use. But they will hopefully have a fun 1st week getting a few cubes and a model up and running on the 50machines I persuade the school to buy (I must remember to buy shares!!)
They are excited about it too, so this will be fun to see how well they progress.

I'm not using much of the book code for this, aside from a simple framework I've cut down from my cubes demo, so they will hopefully manage to get things worked out themselves and I can observe what they get stuck on and maybe change a few things.

I'm almost certain a few of them will surprise me with something incredibly clever and insightful into getting even more out of the Pi, I'll surely learn from them as much as they will learn a bit from me.

Personal life is looking up, I am talking to someone nice, again online, I did get bitten a bit with the last one I met in November, but you don't get anywhere if you don't try. And dating in real life is just not too practical at the moment. I am hopeful though that this lovely lady is going to  restore my faith in people. We're going to arrange to meet soon and see where it goes.

Harvey is getting quite deaf I've noticed, he's not waking up the minute I walk in now, and if he wanders too far from me on his walks he does not respond, coupled with his failing eyesight, he's turning into a rather lovely old man, still thinks hes a puppy, but he is avoiding going upstairs now, since he tends to fall down :D.

I also lost a filling before Christmas, and becuase of the illness and then the pressure of catching up, I left the dentist a little too late....finally got to see them, and, sigh,  root canal is booked for March 16...gulp, also had the usual experience with the dental hygenist, better known as Vlad the Gum impaler....as I have a very loose incisor, which I now have to ensure horrible extensive clearning in  the hope the gum can be stimulated to regrow (I've had receeding gums for 30 years) and save it..grrrr I hate dentists, I never used to but the whole cancer thing left me utterly  fed up with being prodded and poked...oh well I guess I pay for the insurance so I better use it.


The book is slowly picking up speed again, I ground to a massive halt when I was ill, and the momentum has been utterly destroyed, but its picking up, I honestly don't see me making the end of the month deadline (which I think is the last friendly extension I am going to get) but I don't think I'll be too far away, maybe another couple of weeks over. I have a week off coming up on the 27th and I will be turning off the internet and just working none stop till its done.

And on that note, time for this short break to end and for me to walk Harvey and get back up stairs to imprint my butt cheeks and impregnate some flatulance into it.




Ahthankyew

No comments: