Sunday 1 September 2019

Appeal accepted

Got 2 letters today, one in Dutch, one in English (nice touch) to confirm that my appeal against the traffic fine for running a red light has been accepted and is being processd.

Of course its a formality of sorts, but at least there were no issues with my formatting of the appeal, which I sometimes get caught out on, Dutch letters in relationship to rules and regs are very formal and require specific things, like reference numbers, date of birth, etc...its can be quite a challenge to make sure you put everything done.

But its in, its accepted it will be reviewed, I dont hold a lot of hope that it will pass, even though i am certain the police made an error, its ultimatly my word against his and the courts usually go with the police, but I gave multiple reasons to cast doubt on the officers view, and I will just have to wait and see.
It will take up to 3 months to get a decision, during which time I don't have to pay the 250euro fine...

fingers crossed.

Ahthankyew

No comments: