Wednesday 13 November 2019

He's at peace, I'm in bits

No miracles, the vet agreed he was shutting down, and he'd had an amazing long run, he went to sleep in my arms with a big yawn with the 1st dose, before the second dose, then I felt his heart stop, it was very quick, very peaceful....I lost my shit in front of the vet and her nurse, who left me alone for a few mins to bawl my eyes out.  They're arranging for his cremation and I'll get his ashes back. I want to keep him around.

Can't tell you how much I will miss that little puppy, he's been a constant in my life for nearly 20 years, through all the good and bad and shit and happy times, he was always there just looking for a cuddle.

The sense of emptiness in the house is palpable...I will need a while to process this.

Last pic of my lovely old man

but this is how I will always remember him cheeky, funny, smart and incredibly loving... yes everyone says that about their dogs. But Harvey really was a one off...irreplacable.






Ahthankyew

No comments: