Monday 1 December 2008

December already

So this is it, the mad run up to Christmas....where the hell did that year go? Has the Alzheimer's kicked in? Am I perhaps in that stage of my life where years become months, months become weeks and weeks become....what was I talking about?

Anyway..They have a big thing here on the 5th Sinta Klass Night(from which we get Santa Claus), but I don't really know what the protocol is for it. Is it a present day or just drinks and parties?

Certainly there's a lot of blacking up and spanking people under the guise of being Black Pete, Sinta's sidekick who punishes the naughty kids.

The PC brigade who banned gollies would be apoplectic over this strange custom here. Black face paint and gollie sales go through the roof this time of year in the Netherlands....as indeed I would imagine do lawyers fees for sexual harassment, especially bottom spanking type litigation.

Anyway, its been a fun year so far, despite a bad start its picked up and gone from strength to strength. I'm really looking forward to my Christmas break in the UK though and a chance to start making those trips more regular.

But mustn't slacken up, still got a couple of weeks of work to get through.



Ahthankyew

No comments: