Saturday 13 August 2011

New PC Time?

My main PC has been playing up big time, randomly hitting bluescreens of death...not good...There seems to be no specfic application or Id on whats causing it, the BoS points out some pretty standard Windows 7 drivers when it fails, which normally suggests a more severe hardware fault, perhaps some RAM on its way out or something...
Even though this was a rebuild after the old beast met its unfortunate end I have never really been 100% happy with this PC, lots of little niggles with it...

So yeah..I think its time to break out the credit card and indulge the other expense in my life, aside from guitars...going to have a look at some i7 beasts and see what they will cost....

This one can probably be saved with a clean re-install of windows or something, but I need something thats 100% reliable and a bit more powerful now for some of the new work I'm taking on. In fact this is probably an ideal use at work PC, since I loathe my laptop....hmmmmm I'll get my PC head on and get back up to speed, its amazing how quickly you lose touch with these things

Ahthankyew

No comments: