Sunday 23 November 2008

undeserved rep?

The Dutch have a reputation for being blunt and direct, its not entierly undeserved though I think its more of a translation issue with their grammer. You get used to to the lack of preamble when they want something from you or are not willing to do something for you. It can sound direct, even rude but its just a different way of phrasing things.

But.
They also have a repuation for sticky fingers, If its not nailed down the dutch will have it, bags,purses, phones, anything.
If its not nailed down they'll have it....Well, that's what I've been told, I really havn't seen a lot of evidence of this myself.

Until I went to the supermarket yesterday and parked my bike outside, when I came out 10 mins later, some scrot had snaffled the new battery light I'd fitted onto the handlebars, just snapped it off the mounting and legged it.

Bugger...my first taste of crime..I feel violated.




Ahthankyew

No comments: