Monday, 17 November 2008

WTF!!!!

Ok, so Apple have sorted out my developer status, and I got to the website that explained how to set up my ipod as a target machine.......its a 50 page doc...50!!! there's so much absurd back and forward, getting certificates, installing certificates, dumping phone images, adding team members....I'm positively disheartened by it all, it is making my brain spin.

Also the fact that my wireless mighty mouse is damaged in some way not helping. Danni said something about, does your mouse work when she was here..and strangly the next day I tried to use it it was being a bit strange mmmmm...rather than a nice easy click every press on the mouse is clunking down hard and is strangly hard to do...oh well, I suppose I can get a new one, though this one is not that old....might be able to sell it on eby...anyone need a clunky Mac Mouse?


Ahthankyew

2 comments:

Oaf said...

That's not the half of it.

Wait till you've created your WWDC cert, your dev cert, your device list, your debug cert, your developer provisioning profile, your ad hoc provisioning profile, your release provisioning profile, your Entitlements.plist, followed the 50 page document to the letter.

Twice.

And it still doesn't work!

Oh, and say, by some miracle, you do get it to work and you set up another machine in exactly the same way. Yup, you guessed it, doesn't work.

Boring old Fart said...

yup....I eventually got it to compile and send......and the thing complained of an unexpecged error while verifying...arrghhhhh

am putting it away for a bit. The faulty mouse is going to go out the window if I don't stop.