Saturday 5 December 2009

Jammin' Practice

Bina's over in the UK with Jodie at the Birmingham Clothes show, so I've been having some guitar fun in the lounge (will put it all away soon dear)

On Thursday, I booked a rehearsal room at the Mezz, one of our local concert halls, for a guitar jam session. I was joined by several students and colleagues from work, nothing too mad, but it marked the 1st time I've really played with other guitarists/bass players and we had an awesome time. We deliberately restricted it to beginners/intermediate players to avoid anyone overshadowing anyone and the tactic worked well. Quite a lot of incoherent noise was made with an occasional recognizable tune popping up from time to time.

We're definitely going to do it again and perhaps regularly, its not often I get a chance to get my guitars playing at full tilt, and I think it pushes you forward.

Oh a few pics from the "event" on my crappy samsung....so don't expect too much








Ahthankyew

No comments: