Thursday 6 May 2010

After effects

Its good to be home, sleeping in my own bed, I've slept well every night so far.
After effects of surgery are many and varied, the obvious of course being discomfort and pain but those are at perfectly manageable levels. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen for the pain are doing fine so far. Occasional tramadol when needed.

Other things are less easy to define..My energy reserves are highly variable. I can be feeling totally fine one minute then suddenly without warning the needle dips to 0 and I need to lie down for a while.

Eating is literally the hardest thing I have to do at the moment, its just so tiring, I have reasonable chewing skills but it just exhausts me, so I find myself giving up and going for the lie down before the plate is clear ....not at all like me :d

My scar feels tight and restrictive, mainly due to the fact there is still a lot of swelling in that area so the sooner that dies down the better.

Another odd side effect is emotional....everything makes me cry...its as if my emotional saucepan is full to the brim and the slightest bit of input has me bubbling over, songs, news, emails, stories, TV anything...I'm worse than a pregnant woman as far as bursting into tears is concerned, though that does seem to be getting better.

As I start to get a bit stronger though I'm feeling more and more restricted and bored, I am not a patient patient, and want to get back to doing something. I've set myself a challenge though to rebuild my dead PC (which show's signs of physical abuse I note!!!) so a trip to the computer store in a few days for a new case to begin the rebuild is on the cards or maybe just buy something on ebay :D




Ahthankyew

No comments: